Living with an addict can be a difficult and strenuous experience. It can affect an individual physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. In situations where the individuals don’t understand the disease of addiction it can make the circumstances even worse. Often family members of drug or alcohol addicts go through a lot of painful feelings as they struggle with their loved ones’ addiction. Sometimes these family members are overlooked as help is being offered to the person with the addiction but not to them. We have taken an initiative by offering support and guidance to family members by teaching them techniques and tools that can help them to take care of their painful feelings.
For Wives of Addicts:
It has been said that alcoholism is a family disease, affecting the entire family. Perhaps wives are the first to notice a problem with addiction, and their lives change the most. A loving wife and parent to their kids become withdrawn, depressed, unreliable, and hard to spend time with.
For Parents of Addicts:
Parents also go through much pain as they watch their child struggle with addiction. Feelings of helplessness, failure, stress, worry and embarrassment are common in these situations, and parents often question where they went wrong and don’t know how to solve it.
For Children of Addicts:
Children, however suffer the most because they do not have the parents around them to care for them properly or to spend time with them. Physical, verbal, emotional abuse and torture commonly go along with the children of the parents that do drugs or are alcoholics.
Because addiction has such a strong effect on the family of any addict, it is important for families to receive support and help.
How will this workshop help you:
- It will give you short tools to work with your painful emotions.
- It will also help you release fear, blame, worry, stress, irritation, frustration etc.
- It will give you an idea about the stages of addiction.
- It will help you resolve your traumatic events.
- It helps you understand how dynamics of the family is important to help the addict quit the substance.
How does it work:
- There will be an initial 30-45min session with the Health Coach before the workshop.
- The workshop is for 4-5hours during evening hours.
- One 20min follow-up session after 15 days of the workshop and another 20min follow up session after 30 days of the workshop.